Crunchy Nut Caramel Apple Pie
By Wendy W88
What can I say? Does this recipe have significance to me? Other than the fact that they’re delicious and a guilty pleasure…no. These cookies are delicious. They melt in your mouth and have pecans - need I say more? And to top it all off, with only 6 ingredients, it’s a fairly easy recipe to pull together. Enjoy!
· Pastry for single-crust pie
· ½ cup sugar
· 3 tablespoons flour
· 1 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
· 1 cup packed brown sugar
· ½ cup flour
· ½ cup quick cooking rolled oats
· ½ cup butter
· ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
· ½ cup chopped Nutty Guys pecans
1. Prepare pastry for single crust pie and place in pie plate.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt together.
3. Add apple slices and toss until they are coated well.
4. Transfer the mixture to the pie plate.
1. Stir brown sugar, flour and oats.
2. Cut the butter until topping resembles crumbs.
3. Sprinkle over the apple mixture in the pie plate.
4. Cover the pie with foil before placing in the oven.
1. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
2. Remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the top is a golden color.
3. Remove from the oven.
4. Drizzle the top with the caramel topping, and sprinkle with pecans.
5. Cool for 5 minutes and serve.